Last updated: May 2018.
Eden Osteopaths are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our clinic and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is Katrine Vogt, Principal Osteopath, Eden Osteopaths, Westport Business Centre, 1 Old School Road, Cupar, KY15 5TB.
This policy also applies to our website. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Who we are
Eden Osteopaths is an osteopathic practice registered with the General Osteopathic Council. We diagnose and treat health conditions. Treatments are carried out in accordance with the Institute of Osteopathy's patient charter. The practice also provides acupuncture treatment carried out in accordance with the British Medical Acupuncture Society.
- For the purposes of providing treatment we will require detailed medical information. We will only collect what is relevant and necessary for your treatment. When you visit our practice, we will make notes which may include details concerning your medication, treatment and other issues affecting your health. This data is always held securely, is not shared with anyone not involved in your treatment. To be able to process your personal data it is a condition of any treatment that you give your explicit consent to allow Eden Osteopaths to document and process your personal medical data. Contact details provided by you such as telephone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses may be used to remind you of future appointments and provide reports or other information concerning your treatment.
- For marketing purposes, we may also use the contact details provided by you to respond to your enquiries, including making telephone contact and emailing information to you which the practice believes may be of interest to you.
- In making initial contact with the practice you consent to Eden Osteopaths maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any time) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. Eden Osteopaths may occasionally also act on behalf of its patients in the capacity of data processor, when we may promote other practitioners based at our premises, who may not be employed by us. Eden Osteopaths do not broker your data and you can ask to be removed from our marketing database by emailing or phoning the practice using the contact details provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
- Some basic personal data may be collected about you from the marketing forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to, personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
- Eden Osteopaths will only collect the information needed so that we can provide you with the services you require, the business does not sell or broker your data.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet our contractual obligations obtained from explicit Patient Consent and legitimate interest to respond to enquiries concerning the services provided.
Legitimate interests pursued by Eden Osteopaths
To promote treatments for patients with all types of health problems indicated for osteopathic care.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Eden Osteopaths processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by using the postal, email address or telephone number provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Eden Osteopaths will keep your personal information safe and secure, only staff engaged in providing your treatment will have access to your patient records, although our administration team will have access to your contact details so that they can make appointments and manage your account. Eden Osteopaths will not disclose your Personal Information unless compelled to in order to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental requests. The practice may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of its staff.
Eden Osteopaths have a legal obligation to retain your records for 8 years after your most recent appointment (or age 25, if this is longer), but after this period you can ask us to delete your records if you wish. Otherwise, we will retain your records indefinitely in order that we can provide you with the best possible care should you need to see us at some future date.
Patient case history forms are stored in paper format only in a locked cabinet on the premises. Premises are secure entry only and alarmed. Contact details (name, address, telephone and email) are stored on a password encrypted computer with encrypted backup facility.
All Data is held in the United Kingdom. Eden Osteopaths does not store personal data outside the EEA.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst Eden Osteopaths are in possession of, or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access - you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification - you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten - in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing - where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability - you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object - you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling - you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that Eden Osteopaths refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge. At your request Eden Osteopaths can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (Osteopaths) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Eden Osteopaths and information about these interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erasure, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn't collected directly from you. Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
Eden Osteopaths will accept the following forms of identification (ID) when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Eden Osteopaths is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released. All requests should be made to email@example.com or by telephoning +44 (0) 7809 543811 or writing to us at the address further below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Eden Osteopaths you have the right to complain to us. If you do not get a response within 30 days, you can complain to the Information Comimissioner's Office (ICO).
The details for each of these contacts are:
Katrine Vogt, Eden Osteopaths, Westport Business Centre, 1 Old School Road, Cupar, KY15 5TB. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF. Telephone +44 (0) 303 123 1113 or email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/