Last updated: February 23rd 2021.
Due to the current situation regarding the COVID-19 pandemic the following procedures will be in place when you next attend Eden Osteopaths.
Although I am doing all I can and following all available guidelines, it must be stressed it is not possible to avoid all risk since treatment, by its nature, does not allow for social distancing. It is therefore important for you, the patient, to decide whether you feel it is appropriate for you to attend. If you or someone in your household is clinically vulnerable to COVID please discuss this with me when booking an appointment.
- If you have not filled in the form before, I will ask you to download and fill in the COVID Pre-screening Form, save it, and email it back to me.
- The form is an Adobe pdf document, which can be opened and filled in using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software. If you don't already have a copy of this software on your computer, you can get it at the Adobe web site.
- On the form, where it asks for your signature, you can simply type your name - I'll have a printed copy ready for you to sign when you come for your appointment.
- If you have not attended my clinic in the last year, I will ask you to fill in the COVID pre-screening form.
- I will contact you the day before your treatment to ensure you have not developed any COVID-related symptoms.
- If you develop any of the following symptoms please phone and cancel your appointment. You will not be charged, even if you need to cancel on the day of your appointment. Symptoms are: high temperature, new continuous cough, flu like symptoms or sudden loss of smell and taste.
- If possible please wait in your car until your appointment time. The waiting room is not in use at the moment. Only bring what you need into the building.
- It would be helpful if patients could attend clinic on their own, where this is possible, to reduce risk. If you need someone to accompany you into the building please advise me before you come.
- When you come into the building please come straight to the top floor (where the practice is) and use the hand sanitiser before touching anything. I am regularly sanitising the entire top floor. As I have no control over the rest of the building I encourage you to come straight up and avoid cross contamination. The upstairs bathroom will be unisex for the time being and you will be the only person using it at the time of your appointment.
- When you arrive I will take your temperature using a touch-free thermometer as an extra precaution.
- Please wear a face covering when attending the clinic.
- I will give you a surgical mask to wear during treatment, free of charge.
- After your appointment there will be 15 minutes before the next patient so you can leave safely.
- The room, entrance area and upstairs toilet will be thoroughly cleaned between patients.
I will be wearing the following PPE to keep you and me safe:
- Disposable face mask.
- Disposable apron.
- Disposable gloves.
- Face guard/eye protection if considered necessary.
Your feedback is welcome
If during or after your treatment you feel there are other precautions I could be taking to help you feel safe, please let me know. This is a rapidly changing situation and any feedback would be most welcome. For more information about the safety measures we are taking at Eden Osteopaths please read our Risk Assessment (pdf document).
Other information about your visit
Please see the About your visit page for other information about your visit to Eden Osteopaths.